I'm I fan of polar literature, but haven't read anything in a while.
- Robert Falcon Scott.
- Praise for A First Rate Tragedy: A Brief History of Captain Scott's Antarctic Expeditions.
- A First Rate Tragedy by Preston, Diana!
- TY HOLT-TEXAS RANGER.
- Compositionality, Context and Semantic Values: Essays in Honour of Ernie Lepore: 85 (Studies in Linguistics and Philosophy);
- Refine your editions:!
- Vampire Slave 1 (Yaoi).
It seemed to me this book had more excerpts from diaries and other sources that some of the other books i've read. Diana Preston.
On November 12, , a rescue team trekking across Antarctica's Great Ice Barrier finally found what they sought -- the snow-covered tent of the British explorer Robert Falcon Scott. Inside, they made a grim discovery: Scott's frozen body lay between those of two fellow explorers. They had died just eleven miles from the depot of supplies that might have saved them.
The remaining two members of the party were nowhere in sight, but Scott's eloquent diary revealed their nightmarishly similar fate.
A FIRST RATE TRAGEDY by Diana Preston | Kirkus Reviews
It is a story that continues to haunt the popular imagination, and which has never been told more grippingly or with greater compassion than in this book. This unique combination of biases and motivations makes it hard for modern biographers to fairly portray the likes of Scott and his Norwegian nemesis, Amundson, but Preston succeeds marvelously.
- See a Problem?.
- A First-Rate Tragedy: A Brief History of Captain Scott's Antarctic Expeditions.
- A First Rate Tragedy: A Brief History of Captain Scott's Antarctic Expeditions?
- Cape Cod ABCs.
- All She Wants for XXX-Mas: An Erotic Christmas Romance Story (All She Wants #1).
- A First Rate Tragedy: Robert Falcon Scott and the Race to the South Pole by Diana Preston.
For decades, Scott has been ridiculed for attempting to reach the pole on foot, without the aid of sled dogs. Your email address will not be published. The spine remains undamaged. Seller Inventory GOR The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine.
A First Rate Tragedy: Robert Falcon Scott and the Race to the South Pole
A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear.
Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include previous owner inscriptions. Seller Inventory GI3N Condition: Buone.
Copertina cartonata sporca lievemente, tagli sporchi di polvere e ingialliti, pagine ingiallite lievemente. New Ed.
Ships with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Available From More Booksellers. About the Book.